Periods of separation between you and your dog are inevitable. Separation anxiety, however, is not. If your veterinarian has diagnosed your pet's separation anxiety, Reconcile® can help. Reconcile® is a chewable, flavored tablet that you give to your dog once a day to treat separation anxiety in conjunction with a simple training plan. Reconcile® chewable tablets are approved for use in dogs and puppies 6 months of age or older that weigh 8.8 lbs (4.0 kg) or greater.
Reconcile® has been extensively tested in dogs of different breeds, sizes, age and gender in the United States and other countries.
- Within 8 weeks, 73% of dogs treated with Reconcile® showed significant improvement as compared to behavior modification alone (51%).
- 42% of dogs receiving Reconcile® showed significant improvement within the 1st week, which was significantly greater than with behavior modification alone (18%).
It can take time to see improvement in your pet's behaviors. Don't give up if you don't see immediate improvement. It is important that you continue the medication as prescribed. If no improvement is noted within 8 weeks, your veterinarian will discuss additional treatment plans for your dog.
Combined with a simple training plan, Reconcile® reduces the frequency of separation anxiety behaviors and produces a calmer, less anxious pet.
Important Safety Information
- The most common adverse reactions recorded during clinical trials with Reconcile® were calm or lethargy, reduced appetite, vomiting, shaking, diarrhea, restlessness, excessive vocalization, aggression, and, in infrequent cases, seizures.
- Reconcile® chewable tablets are contraindicated for dogs with epilepsy or a history of seizures; with drugs that lower the seizure threshold; with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) or within a minimum of 14 days of discontinuing therapy with an MAOI; in dogs with a known hypersensitivity to fluoxetine HCl or other SSRIs.
- A six week washout interval should be observed following discontinuation of therapy with Reconcile® chewable tablets prior to the administration of any drug that may adversely interact with fluoxetine or norfluoxetine.